Rodent Control Sydney
Preventing Health Risks Caused by Rodents
It is well known that rodents (mice and rats) are some of the most destructive pests found in the greater Sydney area and surrounding communities. In fact, the name rodent comes from the Latin word “rodere” which means “to gnaw”. Their gnawing is necessary to control and for maintaining the size of their incisor teeth. However, the main problem with rodent infestations is not only the damage that they can cause to building structures and equipment; but also the role that they play in the transmission of diseases. This is a serious health risk and it is important to have rodent control, in Sydney, to alleviate the cause of such ailments.
Shocking Statistics You May Not Be Aware Of
We understand your concerns as far as rats and mice infestation is concerned and that is why we have a detailed and effective plan to control them. Bugz Pest Control is the rodent control specialists in Sydney; having developed a useful guide to rodent infestations based on some very shocking statistics. For instance:
- If rats are sighted during the day and at night, this may indicate that there are as many as 5,000 in the vicinity.
- If there are only rare sightings, this may indicate the presence of between 100 and 500 in the immediate area.
- If they are rarely seen during daytime hours, but are seen every evening, you could be looking at a population ranging from 500 to 1,000.
- If you have not seen a rat, but you have seen evidence of their presence, there could be 1 to 100 of them living in your home.
Regardless of the above estimations and statistics, this is no time for the untrained homeowner to attempt to tackle the problem without professional help.
Types of Rodents Found in the Sydney Area
So far, Bugz Pest Control is aware of three (3) different varieties of rodents here in the Sydney area. This is based on the rodent control programs in Sydney that we have implemented for our customers. They include:
- House mice – This is a smaller rodent with a pointed snout, rather large ears, and a tail that is oftentimes the same length as their bodies. House mice living indoors are usually a dark grey color; while those living outdoors are brownish-yellow in color.
- Norway rats – This larger rodent species is also known as the Brown or Sewer Rat. It has a blunt snout, close-set smaller ears, a tail that is shorter than the overall length of its body, and a thickset frame. They are found throughout Australia and are considered the most economically detrimental rodent.
- Roof rats – These are known by other names such as the Black or Ship Rat, and are one of the smaller rodent species. They grow up to 8” in length (not counting their tails) and are much slighter in build than other rodents. Features include larger prominent ears, pointed snouts, and tails exceeding their body length.
Rats have excellent hearing as well as a great sense of smell, taste, and touch; despite their poor eyesight of up to 4 feet, at most. They are motion-sensitive and use their sense of smell to identify other rodents and to locate food. As your professional rodent control specialists, Bugz Pest Control can eliminate rodent problems in your home, and educate you in the prevention of future infestations.
Risks to Physical Health
Although their destructive nature is attributed to their feeding and nesting habits, it has been estimated that rats can carry up to 70 diseases. Unfortunately infestations can be difficult to confirm without the assistance of a rodent control professional in Sydney. The risks to a person’s physical health are numerous and include the following diseases:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)
- Rat Bite Fever
- Swine dysentery and erysipelas
Even if you have only seen a single mouse or a rat in your home, don’t put you and your family’s health at risk. Contact the rodent control specialists in Sydney, at Bugz Pest Control, today. It is very easy to schedule an inspection of your home. Call and we’ll ensure that one of our specialists reaches your destination to evaluate the level of infestation. Let us work together to eliminate all rodents from your property, immediately.